Back pain is a very common problem in UK. It is estimated that more than 60 percent people living in United Kingdom experience some type of back pain in their lives. Chronic back and neck pain not only causes distress but also one of the reason that people miss their work is one of the leading sources for workman’s compensation claims. There are many therapies that helps in reducing the chronic back pain and that includes heat therapy, inversion therapy and newly invented TENS. We will be discussing in details about TENS and how you can choose best TENS unit in UK later in this article.
Any cure to the common condition of pain is directly related to the determination of its cause, though the causes seem to be numerous. Any person suffering from back and neck pain would not refrain to pray, to cure him of the pain and misery. It is quite understandable that people who suffer from sciatica pain constantly, and are unable to move or get on with their normal activities should be very anxious to clutch at any treatment that promises to relieve them of their pain and suffering. The most common type comes from straining one’s lower back muscles and ligaments,from either straining to lift a heavy object, from a fall or awkward movement or a back spasm.Back pain is also caused by poor posture, a sedentary lifesyle, and/or sitting on a soft sofa or chair for long periods of time.
Inversion Therapy For Back Pain
Inversion therapy could be a therapeutic intervention, principally practiced for treatment of back pain. Beneath this therapy, the patient hangs upside down or in an inverted position (against gravity). The degree of the inversion angle depends upon the approach for undergoing the therapy and the health condition of the patient.
Inversion therapy advantages are mainly stressed on correcting the issues of the spinal column, which occur because of injury, dislocations and aging. The therapist could suggest appropriate inversion therapy exercises for overcoming pain in the back. Browse a lot of on back pain relief.
Inversion Therapy Advantages
Inversion therapy for back pain could be a popularly discussed topic. As per the proponents, it is effective in decompressing the spine and relaxing muscles and ligaments. Special equipment called inversion tables and gravity boots are used for performing inversion therapy. The former permits inverting at variable angles, while the latter is supposed for a right away the wrong way up position. Hence, the benefits of inversion tables and gravity boots depend upon the approach for that you’re using the equipment. Some of the inversion therapy advantages include:
1) Decompress Spine – When speaking concerning inversion therapy for a spine drawback, it helps to decompress the spine and relieves pain by reducing pressure on the nerves and spinal discs.
2) Correct Body Posture – Inversion therapy aids in reversing the process of aging in the spine. As it realigns the spinal column to its original form, it aids in maintaining body posture.
3) Increase Flexibility – It’s quite obvious that after decompression of the spine and relieving pain, the flexibleness and body movement is increased to a sure extent.
4) Promote Blood Circulation – Undergoing regular sessions of inversion therapy promotes blood circulation to the upper organs, so increasing oxygen and nutrient provide to these body parts. This indirectly helps in quick healing of the inflamed and injured tissue.
5) Improve Lymphatic System – Inversion therapy improves the lymphatic system and promotes higher circulation of the essential nutrients to the body organs. This in turn helps in body detoxification and proper coordination of the body metabolic processes.
6) Eliminate Constipation – The inversion therapy edges conjointly embrace simple bowel movements and relieving constipation. Because the body remains the other way up, the pressure of a arduous stool is decreased, permitting straightforward passage.
7) Relieve Stress – The proponents of inversion therapy are of the opinion that it helps in proper stress management. However, guarantee that you just follow the therapist’s advice for a suitable position.
Inversion Therapy Risks
The therapeutic benefits of inversion therapy is controversial. Specifically, this therapy isn’t applicable for patients who have back pain along with other medical conditions. Dangers of inversion therapy embody blood infusion in the head portion. Considering this, folks with high blood pressure, heart problems, glaucoma and eye diseases ought to ask for advice from their concerned physician prior to indulging in inversion therapy. Conjointly, pregnant girls ought to refrain from this kind of therapy, as it will cause sure complications, both for the mother and therefore the baby.
TENS Machine For Back Pain
TENS, EMS and IFC pain relief units use electrical frequencies to help relieve several types of pain, without drugs or harmful side effects. Over time, they have been shown to actually reverse some pain problems. They’ve been used for years by medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists and other health professionals. If you have back pain, shoulder pain, arm and wrist pain, ankle pain, leg pain or neck pain, a TENS, EMS or IFC unit may help relieve that pain and stress without heavy duty painkillers or over the counter pain medications. If you can avoid taking painkillers, you’ll feel better, avoid becoming dependent, and your body won’t grow used to the pills, making them ineffective if you really need them later. Continue reading